Eligibility• EV Charger must be installed at a home with permanent electric service from Emerald.
• Customer must enroll in a time-of-day rate schedule when made available by Emerald.
• Purchase and install an eligible charger for a new or used electric vehicle DMV-registered to the same Emerald electric
• Level 2 (240-volt) AC EV Chargers must:
• Comply with current SAE International J1772 standard
• Be new, unused and certified by a nationally recognized testing laboratory recognized by Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (e.g., Underwriters Laboratories) at the time of purchase.
• EV Charger must be Wi-Fi Connected and installed at a home with permanent electric service from Emerald.
• Chargers that are resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims or won as a prize are not eligible for rebates
under this program.
• Costs to install electrical infrastructure required to accommodate corded, higher-powered chargers (e.g., Tesla Mobile Connector) are eligible with appropriate documentation.