Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
Install a Level 2 (240V) Electric Vehicle Charger at Home and Get a Rebate!
As part of Emerald’s efforts to promote clean and affordable electric transportation, Emerald People’s Utility District (Emerald) is offering the Electric Car Charger Rebate to encourage customers to charge their vehicles at homes throughout our service territory.
Level 2 electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) provides charging through a 240 V AC plug. Level 2 adds about 10 to 60 miles of range to a vehicle per hour of charging time, making it far more convenient than standard 120 V AC charging, which adds about 2 to 5 miles per hour of charging. Additionally, level 2 charging is a more energy-efficient method of charging, as most EV have on-board components that require additional electricity the entire time the EV is plugged in.
• Level 2 chargers are four to six times faster than using a standard home outlet.
• More efficient charging than standard outlet (120V) charging.
• Many units come with additional controls, such a timers and Wi-Fi connectivity, to help save you money if you're on Time-of-Use rates.
Up to $750 cash rebate per qualifying Level 2 (240-volt outlet) Charger. Rebate is capped at 50% of the installed cost of the new charger.
• EV Charger must be installed at a home with permanent electric service from Emerald.
• Customer must enroll in a time-of-day rate schedule when made available by Emerald.
• Purchase and install an eligible charger for a new or used electric vehicle DMV-registered to the same Emerald electric service address.
• Level 2 (240-volt) AC EV Chargers must:
o Comply with current SAE International J1772 standard
o Be new, unused and certified by a nationally recognized testing laboratory recognized by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (e.g., Underwriters Laboratories) at the time of purchase.
• Chargers that are resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims or won as a prize are not eligible for rebates under this program.
• Costs to install electrical infrastructure required to accommodate corded, higher-powered chargers (e.g., Tesla Mobile Connector) are eligible with appropriate documentation.
• Completed and signed Incentive Application (this form) submitted within 90 days of the date of purchase.
• Proof of Electric Car Charger Purchase and/or Installation (Invoice):
Contractor and/or Retailer name, address, and phone number.
Itemized listing of each product, including quantity, product description, manufacturer, model number.
Installation Date and Total Installed Cost.
• Photos of completed charger installation.
• If registering your vehicle with Emerald for the first time, please submit a copy of your current vehicle registration.
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Incentive up to $7,500
The federal government is offering a $7,500 tax credit for qualifying electric vehicles. The credit is $2,500 plus $417 for each kilowatt-hour of battery capacity in excess of 5-kilowatt hours.
• Most Plug-in Battery Electric Vehicles cost about 2 to 3 cents per mile to operate
• Most Gas/Diesel Vehicles cost around 15 cents per mile
• Electric Vehicles are generally better for the environment, especially where electricity is produced with hydroelectric (rather than coal).
Limited-time Offer to Save on a New Nissan Leaf
Through March 31, 2020, EPUD customers are eligible for a $3,500 incentive on the 100% electric Nissan LEAF (model years 2018 and 2019). This offer adds to existing utility, state and federal incentives.
The purchase incentive is funded entirely through Nissan North America. See flyer for details and contact a Nissan dealership for additional information.
How to get this great incentive:
Simply bring a copy of the flyer linked to below, both the front and back pages, along with your monthly electric bill to your participating Nissan dealership. This limited time offer expires March 31, 2020 and cannot be combined with other Nissan special incentives. See the flyer for more information.
Oregon State EV Rebate
Oregon is offering an electric vehicle rebate of $2,500 for vehicles with a battery capacity of 10 kWh or more and $1,500 for vehicles with a battery capacity of less than 10 kWh. Rebate is limited to the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid vehicle with a base MSRP of $50,000 or less.
Additionally, Oregon has created the “Charge Ahead” fund that offers additional rebates of up to $2,500 for low- and moderate-income drivers who scrap a car that is at least 20 years old and replace it with a new or used electric vehicle. These “Charge Ahead” rebates can be combined with the standard rebates to offer up to $5,000 towards the price of a new electric vehicle.
• $2,500 State rebate for purchase of select electric vehicles
• $2,500 additional rebate available for low to moderate income drivers who scrap 20+ year old fossil fuel-powered vehicle
• Rebate limited to new electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid vehicle with base MSRP of $50,000 or less.
Oregon State Electric Vehicle Rebate of $2,500. Eligible households may be eligible for an additional $2,500 Charge Ahead Rebate.
Register Your EV and Get $100
Do you own or lease an electric vehicle (EV)?
Whether it’s a battery electric vehicle or a plug-in hybrid, you're helping
drive the adoption of electric vehicles in our community. Join other EPUD
customers throughout our district that are fueling up with electricity and register today!
To be eligible, you must:
• Be an EPUD electric customer.
• Own or lease a new or used:
a. Plug-in battery electric vehicle with a minimum 2 kWh on-board battery, or
b. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle with a minimum 2 kWh on-board battery. Neighborhood electric vehicles including short-
range, low-speed vehicles like the GEM or Arcimoto also qualify. Golf carts do not qualify.
• Have your eligible vehicle registered at a service address with active EPUD electric service.
• Complete the online form.
EPUD customers are eligible to receive one registration incentive per vehicle. A new form must be completed if an EPUD
customer has multiple eligible electric vehicles.
• Submit a scanned PDF or image of your active Oregon DMV registration document for verification.
After verifying your application, we’ll give you a $100 registration reward!